Friday, March 21, 2014

Feature and Follow 2014.2





Feature and Follow #2014.2


Question of the Week: How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.

I have always been a reader, but I noticed that during the final five years of my marriage I hadn't finished a book.  Immediately, after my separation I began reading all I could get my hands on in my favorite genre, historical fiction (an outcropping of my MA in history and love of anything Tudor (that is why Henry and Anne join us below).  However, I have discovered new takes on the genre: such as detective themes (CJ Sansom) and the radical history (more pure fiction, that looks at what might have happened); Truly I love it all. 

Reading has been my escape but also the return to myself!







13 comments:

  1. I love Historical Fiction, although I don't read as much as I would like to! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you! You will sure get lots of it here. I will be popping by yours in just a bit.

      Delete
  2. Hopping through. Love those dolls! I've been wanting to read Sansom's new book Dominion. Have you read it?
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks. I have some Deri dolls on the way; Oscar Wilde and Scarlet O'Hara. She does all those feltish/wool miniature historical figures you see now and again. I do want to read Dominion, I love Sansom, but haven't gotten my hands on it yet... nor really have the time my tbr pile just might bury me whole!!

      Delete
  3. Sameies! I love History. Its such a huge timeline I love that authors take advantage of it. Did you watch the White Queen on showtime. I enjoyed it. I'm sure you a fan of Alison Weir. New bloglovin follower.
    <3
    Brittany @ Please Feed The Bookworm
    Follow Me Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, loved The White Queen, love Alison Weir as well. On my way over to your blog to feed the bookworm :)

      Delete
  4. I like historical romances but I have never gotten into just historical novels. Have a great weekend! New follower via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to read a lot of historical fiction. I should read some again. I love history! New bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've visited you hot tea and a good book... is that an invite?

      Delete
  6. I used to love historical fiction before :) Those dolls are adorable! :) Happy Friday! :D

    New follower via GFC
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hoping by... Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  7. I think it's wonderful you've been able to get back to reading, Shannon. It is a great escape. I, too, love historical fiction although I haven't read as much of it lately. I'm hoping to start mixing up my genres more this year. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now via GFC and Bloglovin. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...